snakes, lizards, & bush babies...oh my!!!

This is an old post but... alas it took 5 days to upload the video...did I mention I cannot wait for fast Internet for a bit?

On the drive home from the beach last weekend we finally made a stop off at a local reptile park here on the island. It is a small place where they have built pits and care for some local snakes, lizards, turtles, and even bush babies and we have been meaning to check it our for over a year. We joined our team leader's family who has gone many times and the girls had fun looking and touching some of the animals.

At first Anni was a bit scared to touch the snakes

but Papa showed her how
Go girly girl Anni!!

Anni saw this and quickly announced "Papa, me no want to touch that!"
Good call (see video below- they are nas-tay!)
We could not believe the guide grabbed a black mamba, one of the deadliest snakes in the world . They had a green mamba as well. We stayed far away from those!
they also had bush babies...they look cute but their incessant crying keeps us up at night so we are not big fans!

Comments

Bibi Ronnie said…
I found some of Rob's books on reptiles and snakes, and thought I'd let you take them to Jorie's boys, but looks like Pink Princess Anni likes them too. :)
Stan and Jess said…
ah ah ah black mamba! No that freaks me out - can't handle that. saw one once and almost peed in my pants. I hate snakes and that is totally South Africa's fault.
Jorie said…
Wow! What a cool place! Joel and Silas would have LOVED it. I asked them if they would ever hold a snake and Joel said, "Maybe when I'm older." :) Go Anni girl!
Gma Rho said…
Anni is SO BRAVE!! Your daddy must be proud!

Most popular posts