calling all crazies, morons, & adrenaline junkies



To mark the New Year we decided to do something that makes absolutely no sense and causes serious pain! We took the polar plunge into Lake Michigan. Frostbite anyone?

We joined a group that has jumped into the lake right near our house for the last 3 years, luckily for us today was the coldest of those times at 23 degrees. It was hilarious: everyone showed up in full snow gear and then they yelled out warnings "3 minutes" etc. and slowly we striped off layers until everyone is only wearing a swim suit and sometimes sandals. Then we all inched toward the lake (we had to step over about 10 feet of frozen water) and then there was a 10 second countdown and all of us jumped in together.
I knew it would be cold but what surprised us is that after the initial "oh my gosh, what did I just do?" you body actually gets really hot. The worst part is your feet, barefoot on snow after jumping into freezing water is miserable, thousand of tiny needles jabbing into your skin: yikes! I went in to about waist level and then dunked neck deep but Jason went all the way in and as a result his hair actually froze!



Do not worry we did not take Anni in, she happily watched us make idiots of ourselves from a warm blanket snug in her snowsuit surrounded by other kids whose parents were equally nuts.
We are starting to think she is the only sane one around here.


check out J's face!

Comments

Laura S said…
You are officially crazy, but we love ya!
Laura
Unknown said…
you guys are hilarious!! that sounds miserable! haha!
Lola said…
Way to go with a unique New Year's Day activity! I wish I could have done that!
Beck said…
Wow! I'm impressed.
Bibi Ronnie said…
I thought I taught you better sense than that! Crazies!!!!

Most popular posts