who knew Annikah could draw?

It never occurred to me to give Anni crayons and paper (mostly because she has an affinity for eating paper) but yesterday at Chili's Jason suggested we let her try to "color." He explained that in his book A New Father's Guide it said that babies can try to color this early. I was very impressed with his knowledge and decided we should see what she did with the crayons. After one attempt to eat it she did indeed make marks on the little menu. Of course, we looked at each other proudly as if she had just been awarded a scholarship for her brilliance. Today I gave her some of those big crayons made for little kids to hold (I used them when I taught preschool) and viola!! I think her first masterpiece is abstract with an attention to detail and brilliant use of color (her technique involved holding the crayon and banging it to make little dots and lines). She seems very pleased with her creation and her Mama was also so proud.

Comments

Bibi Ronnie said…
It's better than some of the stuff they hang in the art institute, if you ask me. Looking forward to our day at Lifetime on Thursday. Sorry I couldn't talk. I was trying to mail something back, and the lady was just glaring at me, even though there was no one else for her to help in the store.
Laura S said…
you have inspired me to try this with Joshua. The drool marks and bits of paper gone from eating will be part of the beauty!
Beck said…
Yes Indeed! Anni is at the age where they begin to scribble! Try using Huge flip chart paper on the floor and letting her go at it. Then strip her down and give her some finger paints. Don't hyperventilate, but she has reached the toddler stage! J/K! Be sure to frame that masterpiece. It's interesting art to hang in the bathroom (aka: thrownroom). :-) She's a supermunchkin

Most popular posts