something to which I took offense to but may be true

Preface: Annikah was pretty fussy yesterday afternoon for no apparent reason. Jason was putting her to bed which includes reading her various books. Jason selected "Five Little Monkeys" (a fine literary choice) and got into the story by creating voices while reading. When he got to the line "Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, No more monkeys jumping on the bed" he said the "No more!" part with such gusto that little, delicate, emotional Anni thought he was saying no to her and looked up at me with her big watery eyes, started to pout the lip out and sob. Jason's response: "Oh no, she is like you." At first I took offense to this but then realized that I do indeed cry at anything: good movie, moving Oprah, heck even a great hallmark commercial. Poor emotional little girl, I wonder where she gets it from?

Comments

Most popular posts