lala

to sleep (one of my favorite Kiswahili words cuz to me it sounds like what it is).

I am in awe of the local people's ability to sleep anywhere. Seriously, it seems most people can catch a nap outside on the ground with only a rice bag as a pillow, or sleep through blaring loud music, or .......say........sleep outside on hard cement with a chicken on your face (just for the sake of example).
bike riding, chicken with lusi, marker henna 073.jpgedit
She was passed out like this for 2 hours with tons of noise, visitors, and chaos going on around her.
lala salama (sleep peacefully) .......

Comments

Wow, talk about a tired kiddo =)

I love that lala means to sleep. How perfect!
Nicole said…
Wow, that is so precious, in a weird sort of way!
jkww said…
This is an awesome picture. Seriously! I'd love to hang it in my house somewhere :)

And I love "lala salama". So pretty.

Most popular posts