a winner!

Since many recipes I try here flop (lest we remember the great lasagna fiasco of 2009) I get really excited when I have a winner! And since Jason is a lover of food I try hard to make him a happy boy and knew I succeeded with this one from his "Mmmm's and Ah's." I modified this taco recipe I found on-line and it is supper yummy. I thought I would share since it is a perfect light summer dinner. And if anyone is wondering how to put that cumin or red pepper we brought from here to use try this. All measurements are estimations since I have never been known to measure...takes the joy out of experimenting:)
Tacos 002.jpg1
Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce
20 medium prawns (shrimp) raw, peeled and deveined
2 cloves garlic- crushed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp pili pili (chili powder) or fresh chilies to taste..the more the better:)
little salt
fresh lime juice- squeeze 1/2 a lime

Combine everything above and allow shrimp to hang out and flavors to merry for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. Then heat skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink and cooked through (not more than 5 minutes). Cover and keep warm until serving.

Here we serve them with homemade flour tortillas but I think corn would be better- your preference. And garnish with fresh veggies- sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes, green onions, , green pepper, lettuce (we use cabbage since it is more readily available), hot peppers and drizzle with cilantro lime yogurt.

Cilantro-lime Yogurt

mix
1/2 cup plain yogurt (or you could use sour cream, we don't have that here so yogurt works well plus it is better for you :)
at least 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp. cumin
juice and zest from 1-2 limes
salt to taste

Serve with warm tortillas and fresh limes.....and if you like rice and/or beans. Enjoy with someone you love!

Comments

misskatiez said…
i may have to try that with chicken...yummers!!
Rich and Paula said…
I've done this one a couple of times now and it's really yummy :)Plus we can get all the ingredients here, a definite bonus!!

Most popular posts