maji ni nzuri!

Maji means water and we love it around here, cold and plenty of it as it is really heating up. People that have lived her for a bit keep telling us "just wait until January" but we refuse to acknowledge that it can get any hotter. We prefer to remain ignorant and for now get as much time in the water as possible and pray that our systems get used to the heat. This week the high tide times are ideal (around 4pm in the afternoon- after Anni's nap, before dinner) so we are trying hard to make sure we get our language study, household stuff, and team agenda items done early in the day so as to get out to the beach at high tide. We had one day where we had to stick around the house the entire day because Jason and a friend built a screen door for our kitchen (at my request so I do not pass out when using the oven) and since it was crazy hot I decided we simply had to blow up Grammy's present of a baby pool. We loaned Anni's rafiki a swimsuit and the girls had a wicked fun time splashing around all morning. I literally had to drain the thing to get them out. I think if it really does get hotter my Mzungu butt might be hanging out in the baby pool too! Here is a video montage of the girls enjoying the pool. Forgive my constant Kiswahili practice, I take it whenever I can get it:

Comments

Gma Rho said…
I'm very impressed with your Swahili - sounds like you know what you're talking about!! Oh . . . heat!! Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Your language skills sound very impressive, great job! Thanks for the video, it's nice to see you guys are having fun. We'll be wishing we were with you in that heat in a few months.
sarah said…
what a beautiful language!

it's good to hear your voice, even from far away!

xoxox
Bibi Ronnie said…
What darling giggles and belly laughs. Sorry it is so small. Should I send the one we had from the lake? Glad I can bring her joy from so far away. I didn't understand a word, so your language skills must be improving.:)
Beck said…
That Anni is so easily amused! Hilarious!

Very sweet video! Hope you're enjoying your fancy-schmancy screen door! We just put on our winter storm door yesterday! It's cooling off around here.

Hey I noticed that whenever you say something in Kswahili the Zanzi woman repeats it or part of it right after you do. Is she your language coach? Or just an echoing mamma?
And why is there a "K" or an "M" in front of yours swahili words? Just curious! Miss you!
jkww said…
rox! so fun. i love it. love the kiddy pool, love the giggles, love everything. your kswahili ROCKS =)

keep up the good work!
Annie said…
OMG - that is the cutest picture I have EVER seen.
Meghan Baird said…
BTW- You ROCK my KISWAHILI world!! :p

Most popular posts