one week of Anni-free adventures

We are packed and ready to head to Florida and then Mexico. We got home tonight from dropping Annikah off at Grandma and Grandpa Engstrom's house so we can enjoy our first vacation as a couple since having Anni!! Like a crazy paranoid mama I had my moments of wondering if she could handle it, like she may spontaneously combust once she realized we were not there but I am so over it. After a near tearful goodbye (on my part- Anni was totally fine and said "bye-bye" numerous times as if to usher us out so she could begin getting spoiled by her grandparents, I also attribute her good attitude to the prepping we have been doing for a week plus the fact that she took an almost 3 hour nap today) we made a quick get away and started the drive home. Can I just say it was a blissful drive: we listened to whatever station we wanted, we talked without being interrupted, I actually sat in the front seat next to my husband without handing goldfish crackers to anyone in the backseat, and in general there was magnificent quiet. Every once in a while one of us would say "Anni is so cute when.....(fill in numerous adorable things she does right now)" but overall I must say I am stinkin' excited to enjoy some grown-up time with my hubby. It is our last hurrah and relaxing getaway before the big move and I for one am going to enjoy it!!! I also heard that it may snow here on Monday so I want to be far far away from this evil, cruel joke.
Anni will have a blast hanging out with her grandparents, cousins Joel and Silas, Auntie Jorie, Uncle Mark, and Uncle Justin. Thanks Grandma Rho & Grandpa Jim : it is safe to pronounce you the Rock Star Award recipients for the next week.
Will post when I have a tan and at least 3 hours of doing absolutely nothing but laying on a beach reading a book......I was thinking something other than Dr. Seuss.

Comments

Beck said…
Phew! You guys deserve a break! Just finishing up at the FEC is reason enough. It's rewarding but exhausting work.

Have fun sleeping for more than 5 hours at a stretch (if you can). Don't come back pregnant. Jason -- this means you! ;-)
Michelle said…
HAVE FUN, GIRL!!! Ya'll totally deserve it! Tell me what it's like to have some peace (so I can live vicariously through you). I have completely forgotten :-)
Bibi Ronnie said…
Come back pregnant would be fine by me. :) I can remember the first time I left you and went scuba diving with Daddy, only I was still nursing you which was terrible because I had to pump all the time. I know it was harder on me than you. Grandma Rohrback taught you "candy" and "soda" after I had been so anal about feed ing you properly. Have a great time. Once you're in Africa you won't be able to leave her unless you send her home to me. ???? Just a thought. I can't believe in less than two months you'll all be gone for ????? :(
Lola said…
Whoo hoo! Girl, I hope you are sitting by the pool drinking something fruity at this very moment!

Most popular posts