95 years of living.....

This past weekend we drove out to Milwaukee to visit Jason's Grandparents (Engstrom side). We wanted to make sure to see them before we head out of the country. It is approaching so fast as we have a firm leave date of June 23rd. Something that has been in the works for over 2 years, finally we are almost there. It feels so surreal to be saying "goodbye for now" to family and friends.

Jason's parents were also were there visiting so we all got to catch up and hang out. Jason's Grandfather turns 95 this month and his grandparents have been married over 70 years. What an amazing accomplishment in this age where I think I read the average marriage lasts 5 or 6 years. I cannot imagine what living for 95 years is like and he is still going strong! It makes me think about what my contribution to this world will be if God grants me 95 years while at the same time feeling blessed for every day I do have as none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

Annikah enjoyed the swimming pool in their activity center and we all loved spending time outside in the beautiful weather. She also impressed Great Grandma by showing off her new words with her flashcards. Great Grandpa sang some hymns for us. He sings twice a week, once for church and once for the "old folks" home as he put it :)



We all had lunch and before we left they prayed for us. It was a reminder of the rich heritage and blessings we take with us as we go.


Comments

Jorie said…
I love the 4 generational pic of the girls and the guys! Those are very sweet... thanks for sharing!

Most popular posts