meet me in St. Louis

























We spent the weekend in St Louis (just outside actually in Collinsville) visiting Annikah's Great Grandpa & Grandma. It was a busy but fun weekend. We are pretty tired and I seemed to have some bug so I feel pretty yuck right now. I wanted to share a few things about the trip we wanted to remember:

*Annikah is the ONLY baby I know that can be in the car for 5 hours and NOT FALL ASLEEP ONCE!

*Singing "Ain't no Mountain High Enough" about 20 times on our girl rode trip

*Annikah's love affair with Auntie Katy- especially their dancin' together!
*Annikah's first time eating ice cream (brought by Great Grandma at the zoo)

*Trekking all the way thru the zoo (with the stroller and Great Grandma's walker in the heat) to see the baby elephant that was NOT out!

*Great Grandpa playing the harmonica for Anni- she could not take her eyes off him!
*Visiting Great Aunt Irene- she sang "Jesus Loves you" for Anni

*Annikah stalking their dog Bogie (animals everywhere BEWARE when she can walk)

*Great Grandpa and Great Grandma bickering and their hilarious quotes.. Highlights included Great Grandpa saying.."you get more with honey then whatever the hell....." and "that is what I get for marrying a Kraut-head"

*Getting our Four Fabulous Generations photo taken
It was a blessing to be able to spend Mother's Day with the women that mean the most to me in my life. Annikah is lucky to come from a family of strong women.

Comments

Michelle said…
What a great first Mothers Day!! Glad to hear Anni had so much fun :-) Hope you are feeling better, Rox!
Bibi Ronnie said…
Being with my Mother and my girls on a road trip was the "Best" ever Mother's Day! And Anni doesn't cry or give me the evil lip anymore :-)!!!!! Hope you are feeling better. Now Katy has it, so I hope Grandma and I don't get it, or Anni! Love you all so much!

Most popular posts