life is tough right now

Can I be real for a hot minute?
🖤 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 🖤 and it’s feels really weighty right now. 

I break out in tears a lot these days. I’m not “crushing quarantine.” I can’t see everything clearly right now. It hit me the other night when I helped Annikah plan a surprise zoom meeting for a friend who is moving away and just a couple days. She can’t hug her before she moves away. It’s just sad. Then they called the school year and I have to accept the fact that my kids will miss closure with their classmates this year. Anni won’t get to go on her eighth grade trip or dance or walk in graduation. I’m sad I missed 2 trips & many other opportunities for meaningful work. I am sad that a business I have worked for 7 years to build is on hold & suffering. I’m sad that some are using this time to mar the image of God in those they disagree with politically. I’m troubled that many are underhoused & not safe at home.I know this is what needs to happen and I am on board with trying to keep as many people safe as we can but I’m just broken hearted. 💔 

I am very grateful for my kids who force me to deal with real life everyday. I am grateful to my husband who listens to me process and cry and for friends who send texts, memes (memes are giving me life right now), encouraging messages & listen to any emotional outbursts while still pointing me to God’s faithfulness. I’m grateful for all those working & risking & helping in this unprecedented time of uncertainty.𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘢𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 & 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 & 𝘪𝘵’𝘴 𝘢 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴. 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘶𝘴 & 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦. 

Blessings friends. 💕
RoxanneSignature

Comments

Most popular posts