Rohrback family farewell in Lake Geneva

We are currently at my parent's place in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and leave at 6:30am tomorrow for O'hare. I am overcome with emotion and exhausted and at the same time excited and relieved that the past four years leading up to this are really here. We are really doing it, we are not talking about how we are moving to Africa, we are, tomorrow at 10am we start the long journey to get there.


My parents rebuilt their house and it is really beautiful and after hearing just a few minutes of the stereo and sound presentation yesterday I teased my parents that maybe by the time we get back they will actually know how to turn on the radio and watch a movie :) My brother and his girlfriend Annie drove out yesterday (after just getting back from California- thanks guys!) and my sister and mom and dad were here as well to send us off. My sister gave me a beautiful bracelet with a verse from Psalms engraved on it. My mom made a fabulous dinner and we enjoyed a boat ride (Anni has a love-hate relationship with the boat, loves the water and other boats and hates the cold wind and her life jacket but at least she could rock her sunglasses). There were also numerous golf cart rides, trips to the park, more eating, final packing, and some more tears as we said goodbye. Today it was just my mom and Jason, Anni , and I and my mom treated the girls to pedicures (something tells me my feet will not look this good for a couple years- thanks mom). Anni loved the foot bath part but did not want her toes polished. We were sure to end the girls time out with a ice cream as big as your head. My mom is awesome at treating us to Diva Days as she calls them!

Annikah also entertained everyone with her naked Hokey Pokey. It is pretty adorable and she LOVES to scream "more pokey" whenever I try to end the song. There is no stopping her naked Hokey-Pokey!! We will miss you all and love you so much! Thanks for making our last few days in the states worry free and special. Again, we are reminded of the blessing of family and how much we will miss you all!

Comments

Roxanne said…
forgive my tone deaf singing & the butt shots- yikes!
Anonymous said…
thanks for journaling us out, rox. i love you and will be praying for you guys. i'll send pictures soon--i know, i'm a brat--but it'll give you something to do :).
Michelle said…
Godspeed, Rox. We all hope your experience is amazing and safe. I can't wait to hear about your new life when you get settled!!
xoxoxoxoxox!!!!!
Laura S said…
So funny! At least Anni doesn't know you can't sing yet unlike older kiddos!
Lola said…
We are praying for you guys today, Rox! So excited for you, but miss you already.
Bibi Ronnie said…
my laptop still works, hope the other will come back. We miss you already, but know you are following your soul. God protect you all and know you are always loved....

Most popular posts