more party madness

After a luncheon at First Free (our church) today we headed to Annikah's friend (well, I guess they are really our friends but Anni's friends by association) Ava's 1st birthday party. It was a beautiful fall theme and it was such fun to see all the kids interact. Ava is adorable (see pic above) and makes 1 look good! Annikah indulged AGAIN in the sweets including ice cream and cake. I think after this weekend of sweets and parties we both need a detox diet this week. The major event at the party, of course besides the cake eating business, was a baby race. The results are highly debated but in the end we think it was a tie between Anni & her friend Charlotte. Although Charlotte was a bit fonder of the actual racing Anni was swift to make her way to me, her clingyness paid off with stellar speed in the fight to the finish. I captured it on video so you can see for yourself the controversial finish. The prize was a trophy (I know, how funny is that?) and we decided Charlotte and Greg should take home the spoils so Nicole could see it. But before we let it go we had to get one sweet photo with Anni & Charlotte reveling in their victory (that is Andy holding Joshua on the end- how hilarious is that?). Sweet, sweet victory!

Comments

Nicole said…
A tie?!?! Greg informed me that Charlotte pushed out a little extra energy at the end to win the race by a nose! How excited was I!?!? I cried (yes, you read that right!) when he told me Charlotte won her first race! What a proud mama I am!
Roxanne said…
it was pretty darn close. Charlotte may have had a last wind though, I missed it as I was filming :) and thought it was already over. We need a photo finish with that crazy TP line, plus my camera skills are a bit lacking! I hope Charlotte is polishing her spoils as I type :)
Laura S said…
OK, I just watched to footage of Joshua again and must say he is not to bright. You can't stop the kid when he is not in a race, but but him in a race and what does he do? Flop on the ground. So funny!!

Most popular posts