turtles, tunes, & tots or something that started with T's


What a beautiful fall day! I do love fall and it has arrived! I was wearing a tank top last week and socks this week, gotta love the drastic weather shifts. Fall is my favorite season but the problem with it is that if you live in Chicago nice fall weather usually lasts 3 days. After 3 days of "jean jacket weather" and beautiful orange leaves you need snow boots and a ski mask while you dig out your car ...but today was one of the 3 and for that I am grateful. I am also thankful that my fab friend Nicole (who is also new to the world of Blogging) invited Anni and I to join her and Charlotte on a jaunt to Gompers Park for the Turtles, Tunes, & Tots (I probably got that in the wrong order but whatever, you get the point: they have animals, music, & kids). It was so fun! They had active learning stations set up around where the kids could read books, play with puppets, make a mess with water, dress up, push wheelbarrows (an Anni fav), and then live animals and music from the Old Town School of Folk Music. The funniest part was seeing how horrified Annikah was by some of the animals. This is the same girl that LOVES dogs and insists by random grunts that we stop and pet them whenever we pass by one that looks friendly. I know I should not laugh but it really was funny to see her freak out a bit. She seemed a bit afraid but then would be sad when the lady took the animal away......horrified yet enthralled. They had a pig that was running amok and the lady leading the talk let Anni pet it and as you can see from the picture it was not one of her best memories of the day


(maybe it is because she loves the bacon her Papa gave her). Even though she was not down with Wilbur she did take a liking to some chinchillas (that is a baby one on her head) and a little chick (that she squeezed a bit, sorry chicky!). We left after both girls showed signs of imminent melt downs and Charlotte, in her excitement accidentally assaulted Anni with a maraca



(photo taken seconds before said incident) :) We had a great time & it was another fabulous adventure with friends!

Comments

Andrea said…
I finally got to read up on your blog! These pics are too cute :)
Beck said…
Are those REAL baby chincillas on Anni's head! What a trooper! She is really adorable and becoming such a little girl!
Roxanne said…
Yep, they were real- crazy huh?
She is such a girl, not sure when that happened! Beck- there is a family campfire night coming soon @ Winnemac and we need to go together- i'll update you!
Laura S said…
I went to the T thing earlier this summer with JP and others. It is a super fun time. I am all about the family campfire night, keep me posted too!
Bibi Ronnie said…
Aunt Katy just called and told me how cute the little pigs were at her animal science lab! Looks like you both had a great day.

Most popular posts