first day feels


Epic first day of school so far & so many feels. 

We all went to take Annikah to her first day at the junior high. What the actual heck!?! She was 4 like 20 minutes ago!!! She arrived to a little red carpet and teachers and the principal cheering for all the new students. She panicked a little because #lockers but managed to get it open on her own with the chaos all around her and found a few familiar faces that set her at ease. She is a confident sensitive spirit and also I am a mess that she is growing up so fast.  I was glad I brought my big sunglasses to conceal my tears as I hugged her and her friend & told them I would be praying for them today. 




Then we all made it over to the grade school for first day of 2nd grade for one Miss E who is spunky & ready for any challenge! This year begins with a huge milestone of a first day of kindergarten for a brave & resilient little girl who has had so much new in the last few years. 




We greeted & hugged so many friendly faces that make this such a wonderful & welcoming community and I felt so grateful for this place where my kids are growing, learning, and loved.


We stayed as long as we could (or until Abishai was climbing the windows) & made our exit with hugs, kisses, and our family motto "be a blessing" & our not so sly hand signal. 
More tears. 

I decided to squeeze in a quick workout and then at 10 AM realized I had not had anything to eat or drink (#hangry) so I headed over to my favorite coffee shop only to order and realize my wallet was NOT in my bag (I panicked for a hot minute and then remembered it was in my camera bag from last night's shoot). A kind woman with two little kids ran up to the register and paid for my coffee and breakfast before I could even object. Of course I said it was not necessary at all but she insisted.  Unexpected kindness can transform both the giver and receiver.  This morning of big feels it was such a blessing because it reminds me that being seen; even if just in our forgetful moment, means we are valued.  We talked about the first day of school stuff while we waited for our lattes and I hugged her and started crying again. Kindness can unnerve us and it awakens us and this morning I experienced it in the form of a latte from another dear Mama & a welcome to school for our most precious of people.  

Mommin' ain't easy friends but I am so grateful for the community that surrounds me in this journey.  How is it that last week I could.not.wait.for these people to get out of the house and now I am on the verge of tears because the only sound in my home right now is Abishai chucking Legos at the wall? 
Oh Motherhood: you mess with me so hard core but all has the power to transform and there is so much Grace.  Happy first day of school, 
RoxanneSignature

Comments

GmaRho said…
Annikah is beautiful with her curly hair and adorable dress! They all look so grown up excited and ready for a ne year! ❤️
Anonymous said…
Love this! Especially A chucking Lego's. The only sound in my house after about 9:12AM was my girly saying, "Okay. We go get Xander now. It's okay. We go get him..."
Doro said…
Thanks for sharing!
Anni looks so big and gorgeous. Sweet little lady!
May it be a blessed year for all kids and for you as wel!!!

Most popular posts