get shakin'!

Last Thursday a LONG afternoon was driving me nutz. You know one of those parenting days where you just wanna hide out or hold your breath until 7pm...or is that only me? Evy flat out refused to take her afternoon nap, Anni was particularly whining and bossy, some visitors stopped in 'in the midst', and Jason was out in the village with no end time in sight. Yep, I was spent and it was only 4pm. In Mama-World that is no good. But after some attempted refereeing I decided I needed to rally and we needed a project to keep us busy and happy with minimal hollering, crying, and desperation (ok, mostly mine).
potrait practice and shaker spoons 006.jpgedit
We made use of some paint, local wooden cooking spoons, and soda bottle caps to create some shakers and they turned out pretty great. Our shakers were begging to be used so much so that the 20 minutes drying time felt like an eternity to 3 little watoto.
potrait practice and shaker spoons 015.jpgedit
No worries we soon 'shook what our Mamas' gave us'! And the result was so hilarious I could not stop laughing...seriously....my singing in this video is particularly heinous but I was having so much fun I really did not care. We are enjoying a new Kiswahili kid's song CD we got the girls for Christmas and soon guests appeared at the windows to watch the crazy Wazungu house fun. These kids got moves!

Comments

Alissa said…
Love it....they have got the moves goin' on. Fun times!! Mika and Lusi have grown so much.
Doro said…
oh - I know these LONG afternoons very well... they show up much to often here!
But you did a good job with these rattles.
Michelle said…
The shakers are a great idea! Yay for mama ingenuity :-) I have days like that all the time...grace is how you manage! (couldn't see the video :/ )
Gma Rho said…
Did anyone else have trouble viewing the video? I got a message video not found when I clicked on it.
Roxanne said…
ok, tried reuploading the video- any luck now?
Stan and Jess said…
Anni, has her mother's face when she dances! Can just picture her dancing home from bars in Champaign! I love the seriousness of dance with all the saluting! Hilarious! If only she would open her mouth real wide like we used to she would be your mini-me!
Bibi Ronnie said…
Who would think my grand daughters would be a topless dancers in Zanzibar with more rhythm and moves than the natives! Even Evy has moves! Jess is right, her mouth is a mini you move. First thing I noticed and started laughing about was the face!

Most popular posts