a dancer's debut

Monday was Annikah's last dance class at the park district and her teacher invited all the parents in for the last 10 minutes for an impromptu recital of sorts (really just showing us some of what they learned). The kids basically ran around the room jumping and twirling with various props to some silly songs. Bibi and I had hyped it up all week telling Anni we could not wait to see her perform and honestly I was so excited. This is one of those moments in the raising of a little girl that is just fabulous and I was SOOO the giddy "soccer mom" who came with 3 cameras in tow to capture every moment (2 of the batteries died). Bibi, Jason, and even Babu came to see her big debut as a dancer, well as an "official" dancer as she has been dancing since she could crawl. She could not help smiling but would quickly try to hide it and look away so not to give away how pleased she was that an entire entourage of adoring fans came to cheer her on. As she twirled and leaped I was just warm inside, me heart smiled as I watched my little girl who is getting bigger everyday dance her heart out. It was one of those Mama days I wish I could hit the pause button. I guess these pictures will have to do....
special "dancer hair"
the performer in action

mid leap
pretending to be an elephant in an animal number
a dramatic end
perfect dancer pose
with her proud Papa
and adoring Bibi
these feet were made for dancin'

Comments

Stan and Jess said…
She needs to get the Angelina Ballerina series of books. I'll have to see if I can find them for her.
Beck said…
Those leg warmers are the BEST! Way to go anni cakes!
annalea said…
adorable! i can't wait for gia's first dance class. shake what your mama gave you miss anni!
Gma Rho said…
I would love to have seen that. Maybe she can don her dancing outfit and show us her stuff when she's here!
jkww said…
yaaaay anni! so cute! i want some leg warmers :)
Meghan Baird said…
Oh my gosh, Rox, You seriously just have the 2 cutest girls in the world!!! I watched the Anni video, tell her she's the best dancer ever and to keep it up. I melted when I saw Evy's little smile and had to show my friend sitting next to me, while we were working on a research project in the library. Sometimes I just like to show people your blog and make them listen to me about how cute your family is-- just thought you should know. Tell Jason he's a rock star, and you are too! luv ya rafiki, xo
-Megh
misskatiez said…
that looks like so much fun! i love those leg warmers - i remember being jealous of my ballet instructors leg warmers when i was in ballet way back in 3rd grade. way to go dancing anni!!
Unknown said…
all i can say is.. PRECIOUS!!!
Anonymous said…
I remember seeing Katy dance in high school, and that feeling of pride when they look so beautiful (and girly) and they give it their all thru dance! How sweet! love, Karen

Most popular posts