at least it is something

So, I HATE being pregnant. OK, maybe that is a strong word......Nope, pretty much right on.

I know it is a miracle and all and really I do feel blessed I get to experience it while many others do not. I do not take that for granted watching girlfriends struggle to become mothers. But for me it is a really difficult journey and I am just done with experiencing it. Well, not yet but soon. The puking WHILE getting fat, stretch marks, peeing every 5 seconds, being tired all the time, heartburn, pushing the baby out, plus the breastfeeding after. Oh Vey!! As a friend pointed out they should use this process to get terrorists to talk. Still, each and every baby is a complete miracle, known and loved by their Creator and we get to be a part of that miracle; pretty amazing! I was proud of myself that I found something about pregnancy I loved last night, even if it is a small thing.

When it rains in our house the sound on our tin roof is so loud that even if you are sitting next to someone you need to shout to be heard. Last night I awoke to a rain storm. It was crazy loud. Immediately after waking a wave of nausea came over me and I sprinted (after fumbling with the mosquito net) to throw up in the sink and pee (which I already do like 3 times a night...what is up with that?) After heading back to bed I could not fall asleep for anything. My thoughts kept wondering to Jorie (Jason's sister who may be in labor as I type since she is overdue with her 3rd baby and they were going to induce her if the baby has not made an appearance yet). My heart was so full with expectation for her and since I couldn't sleep I used the opportunity to pray for her and their family. The heightened emotions during pregnancy mostly make me loopy or a complete wreck but sometimes they make my heart soft for anything family and for that I am grateful.

I tried and tried to fall asleep but sound of the rain in surround sound stereo was too much. Then the prego nose kicked in; the super nova ability to smell ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, and all I could smell was the rain. The fresh rain was just awesome. Usually this heightened sense of smell leads only to vomiting, especially in the local food markets here with the smell of octopus and other raw meats hanging heavy in the air. If I had a dollar for every alley way I have puked in let's just say I could afford a private jet to head to Chicago whenever I craved Mexican food. But this one time the smell of the fresh, clean, and aromatic new rain was fabulous. I finally fell asleep proud that I had found something about pregnancy I like, even for a silent moment in the middle of the night.

Comments

Beck said…
I love the smell of rain, impending, active and afterwards.

Sad news... Garcia's is closed for 3 months. they are remodeling. There is another loc on lawrence but it always looks closed! Feel better soon Wox!
Bibi Ronnie said…
So Jorie had another boy, and a big one! Can't wait to find out who is in there making you so sick. We all went to a soggy Cubs game today, and they lost, but we were at a rooftop where beer and food was free, so we had a great time anyway. Saw Rob and Annie's new apartment, too. Katy just left to go back to U of I. At least the rain here didn't wake me up like it did when we were there. I suggest ear plugs during the rainy season.
Anonymous said…
Oh Cool, I think I may have figured out how to communicate with you! You are my inspiration, and my joy almost everyday(almost,because you do not post everyday). I have old lady glasses now, and I can read the code! You have changed my life, and you have rippled on my friends! I absolutely love that Rohrback smile, even when not necessary! Love, Aunt Karen
Jorie said…
Rox,
What a cool post! We definitely felt your prayers from miles away. I am so glad that you enjoyed the smell of rain that evening. You are halfway to holding your miracle. It is such a gift to have a new baby! We forgot how soft they feel and fresh they smell. :) And yes, he was a big one! I was joking when I asked you to pray that he wasn't 10 pounds... so much bigger than his brothers!
Roxanne said…
Garcia's closed...that is horrid :) Pole for all Chicagoantypes.

Most popular posts