nimefurahi sana!

(I am very happy!) and I have been telling everyone that will listen, even the guy we buy eggs from at the market that our families are coming!!!! We finally have exact dates from Jason's Mom and Dad and my Mom and sister. Jason's parents are coming in July and My Mom is flying out in June to meet my sister after her study abroad program in South Africa to stop off and visit us before she heads home. Now that the plane tickets are purchased and the dates written on my calendar I am allowing myself to get crazy excited!!
Can I tell you how excited I am? Seriously! We cannot wait to see and laugh and cry and hold our family. Maybe it is also the cool and amazing rainy weather today but I am feeling full of joy. I just cannot stop smiling and I think every neighbor we have knows our families are coming to visit. Soon they will get to experience our new home; to smell the air, to sweat:), to understand our frustrations, see the work of our hands, and appreciate the amazing and beautiful culture we have been welcomed into since our arrival here. They are both sacrificing enormous expense, suffering through some nasty shots, and rearranging their lives for a time to support us in our journey here. They will be a part of this place and for that I am exceedingly grateful.
Everyday Anni asks "Grammy's plane come today?" Explaining a few months to a 2 1/2 year old is a futile effort. So far when asked "what should we show them?"Annikah has planned "me wanna take Bibis (grandmas) to see the monkeys and play in the sand." And she is apparently desperate for Auntie Katy to read her a "mzungu book" (her Disney princess books) because she asks everyday if "Auntie Katy wanna read that to me?" I think it sounds like a plan. We are counting down the days until we get to welcome you to our new home, dear family.

Comments

Gma Rho said…
Oh . . . and we are feeling nearly the same joy and anticipation! Joy to see you our dear children, and hold and admire and laugh with our precious granddaughter, and experience your life, now so foreign to us!! We want to see, hear, taste, and feel it all . . . we'll know better how to support you when we come home! Only four more months!!
Bibi Ronnie said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hi Rox!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. You are so strong and inspirational.
I am so proud to know you and find myself so uplifted by your words.
I'm so happy for you that your family is coming soon, and that you have found work to be so blessed by.
Hang in there! God is good.
Lots of love to you and your family!!
Elizabeth (Edwards) Linder

Most popular posts